Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Death of a Salesman

Having read Death of a Salesman in high school really helped me when approaching it a second time around for this class. I was able to prepare myself for the potential confusing parts of the play. I warned myself to read it carefully, knowing that last time I read it I probably missed some key points. The first time I read the play there were a lot of parts in it where I asked myself, What the hell did I miss? So when reading it this time I was a bit more prepared for those parts--though some parts were still a bit confusing and I had to read them over and over again until what was happening actually sunk in. A lot of people say you when you read something for a second time you discover a lot of stuff you missed, and I couldn't think of a better example than Death of a Salesman. I have to say that I wasn't very fond of it in high school. I found it pretty boring and didn't really see the point of it. Though even after a second time of reading it I'm still not the play's biggest fan, I can appreciate it more now and even analyze it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment