Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Grad School

Even though I'm only a freshman and even the idea of grad school seems like a long way away, I'm glad Ray Horton gave me some information on it already. He brought with him a lot of helpful tips and pieces of information that I think will help me throughout my years as an English major, regardless of whether or not I decide to go to grad school. I think my favorite part of his talk was when he told us that you may not get into one of your "safety" schools, but get accepted to one of your "reach" schools. That came as a huge relief to me! I also did like how he didn't only stick to grad school, though--I was grateful he covered his time at Mercyhurst. In my opinion it was a lot more effective that he actually went to the same college as us, had the same professors we have, or will have, and shared some of the same experiences as us--that made it a lot easier to relate to Ray. I really believe everything he talked to us about will help me with a successful English career no matter where I wind up!

No comments:

Post a Comment